Master's Degree in Specialised Translation
The Master in Specialised Translation (MTE) is aimed at professionals and graduates who want to complete their education in the fields of multimedia and audiovisual translation, scientific and technical translation, legal and financial translation, and literary translation. The Master also offers the possibility to continue advanced studies in translation theories, research methodology, history of translation, gender and multiculturalism. Guarantees also learning and use of new technologies applied to translation such as CAT and localization tools, and services and resources available to achieve the skills provided.
For the official Master in Specialised Translation must take 60 credits of the 69 on offer from October 2011 to September 2013. As the subjects in which they enroll, students can opt for two tracks, a research and a professional.
- Research track (access doctorate) in order to continue this journey, students are obliged to study subjects 1, 6 and 7. He also must complete three of the four electives offered for education (2, 3, 4 and 5). It is recommended that the electives be completed the course 3.
- Professional track: to go this route, students are obliged to study subjects 1, 6 and 8. He also must complete three of the four electives offered for education (2, 3, 4, and 5).
- Faculty of Education, Humanities and Translation
- Of knowledge
- Arts and Humanities
- General information
- While the terms of delivery are accurately marked on the academic calendar, the work schedule is free, so that students can connect to the classroom at the time they prefer and work on the proposed contents. Occasionally, teachers may arrange chat sessions, in this case, consensuarà hours with the students involved.
- Price of credit
- € 82.88
- Year fees
- € 2,524.00
- 2 academic
- George Chumillas Coromina
- UVic has proven experience in the delivery of online learning and distance.
- Application of innovative teaching programs modeled on the EHEA (European Higher Education).
- Participation in international exchange programs.