The Master in Specialised Translation is a title inter coordinated by the University of Vic, involving Nebrija University (Madrid) and the Universidad San Jorge (Zaragoza). Suppose the update program Specialised Translation provided by the University of Vic between 2007 and 2013, and aims to educate professionals and scholars in the fields that generate more demand within the translation industry. For this reason, therefore, offers the possibility to obtain these specialties:
- Scientific and technical translation and computer technologies
- Audiovisual translation, multimedia translation and localization
- Translation, Literature and gender
- Legal and financial translation
The Master in Specialised Translation inscribed in a context where the needs associated linguistic mediation have increasing weight: thus, in response to the demands of society and the professional network today prepares trainees to work in environments marked by multiculturalism, multilingualism, multi-modality, multi-tasking and use of ICT.
The Master is proposed as one of the logical translation of specialized training for students with diverse profiles of prior learning:
- Graduated in Translation and Interpretation wishing to hone their translation skills in specialized areas of translation or a track research translation.
- Graduate in Philology, Applied Languages, Modern Languages and related disciplines which, from their language skills, wish to obtain training in translation that opens new paths and research professionals.
- Graduates in scientific, technological, legal, economic, social. who want to be trained in the field of translation and specialize in the translation of knowledge related to your field, whenever you are ready level language access requirements established.
On the one hand, the Master in Specialised Translation offers the student the opportunity to approach the main areas of research in translation and, in this way, then continue advanced studies that lead to the achievement of a subsequent thesis doctoral. It gives access to doctoral program at the University of Vic in Translation, Gender and Cultural Studies and also the innovation and educational intervention.
Moreover, the Master also allows a track professional that enables the student to work professionally in the fields of translation to generate more demand.
- The inter-university Master in Specialised Translation to leverage the resources of the three universities share offer targeted primarily to students in the three regions involved, and being bid on online mode, students in the Spain, the European Space of Higher Education and other nations.
- The teaching methodology of Master in Specialised Translation is based on e-learning through a virtual campus and relies on the integrated use of ICT industry-specific translation (forums, chats, video conferencing, bulletin boards repositories documentary programs assisted translation, voice work, etc.).. The three universities have proven experience in the use of virtual environments for teaching translation.
- Being an online service, the Master in Specialised Translation is an excellent option for people who are far from the study center or to work or family obligations, it can focus exclusively on academic tasks and combine with other activities of all kinds.