The Master in Specialised Translation is coordinated by an inter-title UVic, involving Nebrija University (Madrid) and the Universidad San Jorge (Zaragoza). Involves updating the program in Specialised Translation offered by UVic between 2007 and 2013, and aims to train professionals and students in the fields that generate more demand within the translation industry. For this reason, therefore, offers the possibility to obtain these specialties:
- Scientific and technical translation and information technology
- Audiovisual translation, multimedia translation and localization
- Translation, Literature and Gender
- Legal and financial translation
The Master in Specialised Translation inscribed in a context where the needs associated with linguistic mediation have increasing weight: thus, in response to the demands of society and the professional network today, preparing trainees to work in environments marked by multiculturalism, multilingualism, multimodality, multi-tasking and the use of ICT.
The Master is proposed as one of the logical translation of specialized training for students with diverse profiles of prior learning:
- Graduated in Translation wishing to improve their translation skills in specialized areas of translation or follow a research track in translation.
- Graduate in Philology, Applied Languages, Modern Languages and related disciplines which, from their linguistic knowledge, wish to obtain training in translation that opens new avenues of research or professional.
- Graduates in scientific, technological, legal, economic, social, etc. who want to be trained in the field of translation and specialize in the translation of knowledge related to your field, whenever you are ready level language access requirements established.
On the one hand, the Master in Specialised Translation offers the student the opportunity to come to the main areas of research in translation and, thereby subsequently continued advanced studies that lead to the achievement of a subsequent thesis PhD. It gives access to doctoral program at the University of Vic in Translation, Gender and Cultural Studies, and also the Innovation and Educational Intervention.
Moreover, the Master also allows you to follow a professional track prepares students to work professionally in the fields of translation that generate more demand.
- In interuniversity Master in Specialised Translation to leverage the resources of the three universities and a share offer aimed, firstly, to the students of the three regions involved, and it is an offer in online mode, students of Spain, the European Space of Higher Education and other nations.
- The teaching methodology of Master in Specialised Translation is based on e-learning through a virtual campus and relies on the integrated use of ICT industry-specific translation (forums, chat, video conferencing, bulletin boards repositories documentary programs assisted translation, voice work, etc.). The three universities have proven experience in the use of virtual environments for teaching translation.
- Being an online offer, the Master in Specialised Translation is an excellent option for people who are away from the study center or to work or family obligations, it can focus exclusively on c tasksadèmiques and combine with all kinds of other activities.