Skip to main content

Freemover students

Freemovers are undergraduate students who wish to study for one semester or a full academic year at another university on their own initiative. Since they are mostly from universities without a bilateral exchange agreement between the two institutions, freemovers are required to pay a tuition fee for their studies at the host university. At the end of the stay, these students will obtain a transcript of records.


  • Must be a university student
  • Must take at least 18 ECTS credits.
  • In case of needing a visa to study in Spain, the Spanish Government requires the student to be full time.

 Course offer (bachelor’s degree level)

Enrolment periods

  • Autumn semester (September-January) and Full Year (September-June): in July .
    Classes start early/mid-September
  • Spring Semester (January-June): in November.
    Classes start late January

How to apply

If you are interested, please apply here.

You can contact us: International Relations Office / Academic Administration Office

Other information of interest

UVic Services for students        Practical information

Contact us

If you have a question, we have the answer